Pages Navigation Menu

Heartland Community College Student Magazine

“Hill of a Race!”

“Hill of a Race!”

BLOOMINGTON, IL – Bloomington Parks, Recreation & Cultural Arts (PR&CA) in partnership with Dust2Glory Fitness and Certified Spartan SGX Coach Dustin Webb have come together to create a “Hill of a Race!”

Join us for the ultimate outdoor fitness challenge in Bloomington on Saturday, Oct. 7 at Ewing Park starting at 2 p.m. From the competitive obstacle runner, to the recreational enthusiast, to kids ages 7+, this event offers a fun challenge for everyone.

This 3-mile obstacle run will include, lifting, carrying, climbing, crawling as well as agility and balance. Participate in the competitive wave or just for fun in the recreational waves. The first wave (competitive) begins at 2 p.m. with waves (recreational) starting every 15 minutes. Kids ages 7 – 15 must participate with a registered adult. The full map with a list of obstacles is available on the PR&CA social media pages. Prizes will be given to the top three men and top three women in the competitive wave.

“The Bloomington Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department is excited to offer this new event in Ewing Park,” said Athletics Program Manager Denise Balagna. “The event is designed so everyone can participate.”

Registration Deadlines

Sept. 9 – Oct. 6 ……$30

Oct. 7 (Day Of) …$35

$10 kids ages 7 – 15

+$10 for Competitive Wave

Register at itsracetime.com. Registration fees apply.

For more information on the City of Bloomington’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department events call 309/434-2260 or visit online at bpard.org.

468 ad