Pages Navigation Menu

Heartland Community College Student Magazine

Upcoming Events in Bloomington-Normal

Upcoming Events in Bloomington-Normal

As fall is now upon us and classes are in full swing, you may be thinking, “Where did all the summer fun go?” or “What can I do this weekend?”. There are a plethora of things to do in the Bloomington-Normal area over the next few weeks. If you like fuzzy animals, running, or America’s Got Talent, Bloomington-Normal has an event for you.

On Saturday, September 23rd, there will be a St. Jude run/walk to end Childhood cancer. This event will feature a half marathon which starts at 7:00 am, and a scenic 5k that starts at 8:00 am. There will also be many family-friendly activities, so children would be most welcome. To participate in the 5k walk the entrance fee is $10, to run the 5k it’s $20, and to participate in the half marathon it’s $65. The location of the event will be the Eastview Christian church at 1500 N Airport Road in Normal. All proceeds go to fighting and ending childhood cancer.

On Monday, September 25th, Houchin Family Alpacas will be open for National Alpaca Farm days. This is a free event in which people of all ages can get up close and personal with Alpacas, learn more about them, and purchase an array of alpaca made products. The Houchin Family Farm, located at 16708 E400 North Rd in Heyworth and will be open to the public from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. So be sure to visit and get to know some new fluffy friends.

On Wednesday, September 27th, there will be an event America’s Got Talent fans will not want to miss. Catapult, a dance and shadow group and an AGT season 8 finalist, will be performing at the Bloomington Center for the performing arts. Catapult had a certain magical quality that was not easily forgotten, the artistry of their act was truly incredible. Tickets cost anywhere from $20 to $35 each. This show is scheduled to take place from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm.

All in all, there are a lot of fun activities going on in the Bloomington-Normal area in the next week so be sure to get out there and get involved!

468 ad