Pages Navigation Menu

Heartland Community College Student Magazine

Binge-able Netflix Shows

Binge-able Netflix Shows
Are you between shows to binge and looking for a new movie to watch? Here are a
few suggestions to assist you in your entertainment endeavors. Whether you want a lighthearted
comedy, something to watch with the kiddos, or a gripping thriller, this article will tell you
what’s available on Netflix right now for your binging pleasures.

Binge-able shows
Ozark, a new Netflix original starring Jason Bateman, follows the intense life of a money
launderer who gets himself in too deep with the wrong crowd. This show easily gets its hooks
into you so you must keep watching just one more episode.
The OA, is a Netflix original, showing the mystery shrouded life of a woman who was
adopted as a young blind girl from Russia. She strangely disappears and returns with the ability
to see. The actors and writers of this show did an incredible job, because it keeps you guessing
(and enthralled) the entire time.
Defenders, is a Marvel/Netflix original that combines all your favorite Netflix superhero
shows into one. As described by Zach Miller, a local marvel enthusiast, “Defenders is kind of
like Daredevil season 2.5. It definitely follows his story line.” This show appeals to any fellow
nerd who enjoys a good superhero action show.
Thrillers
If you’re looking for a movie that will grip your attentions throughout, Perfect Stranger,
starring Halle Berry, is the movie for you. It’s a murder story which follows the mysterious life
of a young reporter immediately after the death of one of her childhood friends.
Another interesting twisted thriller that may peak your interest is Frailty, starring Bill
Paxton and Matthew McConaughey. This tense, action packed film shows the torturous struggles
of a young boy whose father leads him and his younger brother on a serial killing spree.
Comedy
If you are in the mood for a comedy and you like old movies, Mystery Science Theater
3000 is the show for you. There are 2 different versions of the show currently available on
Netflix, the original show from the late 80’s early 90’s and the remake that Netflix recently
produced. The basic premise of the show is that a man and a small group of robots are trapped in space and forced to watch terrible, cheesy, old movies to see if their sanity can be broken. In
turn, the man and his robot pals mock the movies using pop culture references and their
impeccable senses of humor. It doesn’t matter too much which version of the show you start
with, just know that in the older version of the show, the pop culture references will be as dated
as that version of the show.
Kid Friendly Films
There are a few Disney movies coming to Netflix over the next few months, including
but not limited to, the 1993 Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Mulan, and more. You can awaken
the child within by watching these Disney classics we all know and love. Hoodwinked is another
classic kid’s movie coming to Netflix this month. I loved this wacky fractured fairytale story as a
kid and I hope that others will enjoy it too.
I hope that all of these recommendations help you in your entertainment seeking adventures.
Happy Bingeing!
468 ad