Pages Navigation Menu

Heartland Community College Student Magazine

Heartland Events

Heartland Events

The next few weeks are going to be busy for Heartland students, whether you’re looking for to further your careers outside of school, being mindful about yours and other’s health, or just looking to transfer, there’s an event for you in the rapidly approaching future.

HCC helps you to protect yourself from this year’s flu season with a flu shot right here on campus. The McLean County Health Department will be on campus, at the ACEC, on October 3rd from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM and again on October 4th from 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM to give students their flu shots. Most insurance providers cover the cost of flu shots so it’s pertinent you bring your insurance card. According to WebMD, on average, 200,000 Americans are hospitalized due to the flu each year. The peak flu season for the United States is December – February. So you can get a head start on flu prevention by getting your flu shot next month!

Next month is an auspicious time to start preparing to transfer to your college of choice by learning more about private colleges and universities and what they offer. On Tuesday, October 10th, the PICU (Private Illinois Colleges and Universities) Fair will take place on campus in the HCC Café. You can get information on programs of study, campus life, and more. It’s never too early to begin looking at your next steps after Heartland, as many classes at other colleges and universities are required to get into certain programs. Prepare yourself for your next steps at the PICU Fair. It doesn’t hurt to learn more about all your options.

Better yourself and your future by checking out these events on campus before, after, or in-between your classes! They can be beneficial to your health, your careers, and/or your future education.

468 ad

One Comment

1. Students should also consider walking or running in the Heartland Harvest 5K run-1 mile walk to support scholarships for HCC students. Students get a $5 discount off registration and register before Sept. 22 and get a very cool Heartland Harvest performance t-shirt is a vibrant blue (look for posters on bulliten boards too). http://www.heartland.edu/foundation/events/harvest5K.html