Pages Navigation Menu

Heartland Community College Student Magazine

Getting More Involved at Heartland

Getting More Involved at Heartland

Whether you’re a freshman or a returning Heartland student, it can always seem like a challenge to get more involved with the student body. Luckily, here at Heartland, there is a club and organization for everyone with all interests.

If you have a passion to write about the news, or if you’re itching to tell everyone what you binge watched last weekend, join us at the Spectator, Heartland’s very own online magazine. We’re always taking guest articles and returning writers are more than welcome. It is a great opportunity to hone your skills and get experience if you’re aiming to get a career in journalism. Contact Karla Huffman or Rikki Cottrell for more details.

Want to slay some dragons and throw some dice? Visit Heartland’s Game Club. They play board games, card games like Cards Against Humanity, Magic the Gathering and many more. Discuss your favorite MOBAs and video games with others who share the same interests. Everyone is welcome. They meet every Wednesday and Thursday from 1 to 5pm in the cafeteria. Contact Kae Mason at collegekidof2015@gmail.com for all inquiries and details.

Whether you’re gay or you’re straight, we should all be proud to be ourselves. Check out Heartland’s own Pride Club, a support group for the LGBTQ community. Everyone is welcome with meetings every Tuesday at 3:30 in room ICB 2708. They discuss current and upcoming topics as well as events relating to the LGBTQ society. It’s a great place to express your support.

468 ad